- VGH Services
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Health Resources
Virginia Gay Hospital laboratory offers a full line of diagnostic and therapeutic lab tests. The lab is staffed by board certified medical technicians/technologists who are committed to providing timely, accurate, and precise test results, 24 hours a day, including weekends/holidays.
The lab processes over 77,000 tests a year, performing 95% on site. The other 5% are sent to Weland Laboratory, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Services included, but not limited to:
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Pathology Consultation
- Blood Bank/Transfusion Service
VGH Lab keeps a blood inventory of 10 units at all times. We use Life Serve Blood Center for our blood and blood products. On average, we transfuse between 75-100 units a year.
Our newly remodeled out patient blood draw room/waiting area has facilitated and streamlined our blood drawing services for over 8,000 out patients a year. Appointments are recommended for all out patient blood draws. Non appointment patients will be worked in according to their arrival and the availability of a time slot. An order from the patient's healthcare provider is required for any diagnostic/therapeutic procedure to be performed.
The Out Patient Blood Draw department is open:
To schedule an appointment, please call: 319-472-6195. If no one answers, please leave a message and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
Virginia Gay Hospital is CLIA certified and is inspected every two years.